Thursday, November 24, 2011

thanks

I thought about writing a post about the few things that i'm not thankful for because I don't have enough time or patience to write EVERYTHING that I am thankful for.

But that just seems wrong, so i'll pick a few things...


I'm thankful for:
These 5 people.
Laughter.
One of the first days in Deutschland Emily, Marlyse and I were at Presstrade and saw this thing on the table. Emily was curious so she pressed the top of this little contraption and out came a little tablet. She decided to try it; thought it might be a mint or something, so of course I had to try it (i'll try anything once!).
It was disgusting!!! ...As should be expected from a sweetener tablet.
We COULD NOT stop laughing.
(and for the record I did not see the label...)
 A healthy body that allows me to play the sport I love.
AND... My bicycle (which I am slightly obsessed with.)
DA SUN.
 Travel.
And this incredible opportunity to play the game I love in a foreign country that loves the game I love.
MUSIK.
The people who have stolen my heart; young and old, near and far: my friends and family.
Nature and its constant reminder of my relationship with my heavenly Father, the One who created Heaven and Earth.


It's strange to be in a foreign country that does not celebrated a day that is very special to me and my country. Not to worry, I will find some turkey and pumpkin pie somewhere ; )


I wasn't "home" for Thanksgiving last year either. I got to spend it in San Diego, California with this special family.


No comments:

Post a Comment