Sunday, November 20, 2011

Freiburg

Friday night at training Anne invited me to spend Saturday in Freiburg.
I said, "JA! Natürlich!"
She told me to take the train from Kehl to Offenburg and then Simi would pick me up there and take me the rest of the way to Freiburg.
I went to sleep Friday night not knowing if I was actually going to make it out of Kehl considering I haven't taken the train here (and I also don't speak or read Deutsch...)
I woke up early ready for an adventure though!
I walked 5 min to the train station and bought my Farhkarten (ticket) here.
I did it all in Deutsch and as I was pulling my ticket out of the slot I saw a "English" button. I like a challenge though and fortunately I did it correctly and only had to pay 3,40€
I found Simi and her friend Sandra in Offenburg, which was kind of a small miracle because I really had some doubts about my train riding skills.
Then Anne and Juliane picked me up.
(I was spoiled all day- coffee and homemade bread was just the beginning...)
Sweet melodies coming from this man and his band.
These little streams run all through Freiburg and the kids can race boats.
Freiburger Münster
(Freiburg Minster)

These shoes are worn at carnival and are made of straw and other things.
That's really all I know about them...
 Feld salat (on the left is expensive because it's very hard to harvest) Yellow and purple carrots!?

Sinah buying some cheesecake.
Freiburg is a university town, but the markets are usually full of old people.
So, these people wanted to know why we were there.
 famous!
No Thanksgiving = Christmas Season!
Pre-Game snack
paty's brotwagen ist sehr lecker
It's a beautiful city!
Then we climbed a mountain, also another great pre-game activity (second to eating bratwurst).
Münster, Anne, Rachel
We visited Sinah at work.
Yes, this is a creepy, stalker picture.

INSERT SC SAND GAME HERE.
We won 12-0, it was a cup game. The team we played is in the division below us.
I scored a goal.
Then my second opportunity I was standing 2 feet from the goal line and a perfect ball from Angi came across the goal and I hit it straight up and over the open net. Unbelievable.
I played the full 90 in the midfield (although I should have been subbed after my epic failure)

After our game we went to a Bundesliga Basketball game.
Then went out in Freiburg.
It was a beautiful day: )

No comments:

Post a Comment