Friday, October 7, 2011

to France and back

Remember that one time when I said I was going to blog in French? Yeah... English grammar is hard enough!
Goal for the day: Find IKEA.
8.7 km = 5.4 miles
Just getting a nice little walk in before practice!
River #1. Crossed!
Going the right direction!
 River #2. Crossed (at the wrong spot...).
Making up my own directions!
 Did a little window shopping...
A FIXIE!
 I had to stop...
 Traded my passport for a testdrive.
(I later decided that might not have been the best idea, but it was totally worth it.)
That pretty thing costs a lot of €. : (
I turned the corner and... SURPIRSE!
the cathedral!
It's pretty cool, I guess...
I haven't seen any fixies so far, but today I saw 5!
Oh great... Another river... Wasn't sure if I should cross it or walk along it.
I was determined to keep searching for IKEA, but navigating a foreign country with no map is kind of challenging. 
 3.5 hours later... SUCCESS!
 IKEA food. YUM!

 Another one!
 Strausbourg is a beautiful place!
  I didn't think I was going to get a picture of this because my camera battery was nearly dead, but I brought it back to life. You can always count on McDonald's to attract the strange ones!


 I was completely fine with zigzagging my way through Strausbourg. 70 degrees!!??!

No comments:

Post a Comment