Wednesday, October 5, 2011

lake house

Nicole, our host mom driving us to our weekend getaway spot.
I got to use my sleeping bag!
I'm getting spoiled!
Breakfast,
 fresh from the bakery.
Emily likes nutella, or doesn't...? there's still a lot on her plate!
 I'm not easily freaked out, but when I swam across this lake I thought I was going to hyperventilate (not a good idea when you're swimming...). On the way back I started breathing a bit easier, I figured although I was tired I could definitely out swim any lake monster, fight or flight, baby!
ALSO, it's the beginning of October and the weather is still beautiful! it's been around
 Carsten and Nicole let me and Emily borrow their bikes so we went on a ride! 
 We had to stop for a snack.
 or two...

 Their neighbors started a tradition... Whenever they would open a Bier, the bell would ring so everyone would know it's party time.
 The food here is almost too good.
We drove to France to pick up meat for Carsten to grill... there were a lot of delicious choices...
 
 Luckily we got wurst, steak and hamburger, no brain or tongue.
 mmmm... French baguettes. literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment