Monday, October 10, 2011

14 days

I went on a long run today and had a moment...
 Not sure if it was a cramp or the realization that I have been in in Germany for 2 weeks already.
I'll go with the latter! 


Some say i'm lucky, I prefer to say i'm blessed.
I AM "livin' a dream," actually it's better than that... I am livin' MY dream.
I have loved every moment so far and I am so thankful for this incredible opportunity.

In other news...
We played at home yesterday (I started at center mid!).
We were losing 0-1 at half; I had a few chances on goal, one from a left footed volley that hit the cross bar, UH! (I take back that lucky comment...)
We figured it out the second half and won 4-1!
I am working on my Deutsch, but still find myself speaking in English on the field, which confuses my team as much as it confuses the other team. A couple of the girls speak English, but not many. The pre-game and half-time talks are pretty useless, although I shake my head like I know what's being said (then I ask later)... I know my numbers (up to 10) and days of the week, so if he says any of those 17 words, i'm set! But other than that all I hear is: blahblahggggggg(clearing throat sound, no disrespect, that's what it sounds like!)blahblahblahblahggggggg

Peter Bierhalter, the president of PressTrade, one of the clubs sponsors is one of the many who has already done so much for us. He told us if there is anything we need that we shouldn't hesistate to ask. He has arranged to get us a washer/dryer/fridge in the basement of the hotel, a language class, warm clothes, the list goes on and on! He is a good man!

He took us home from the game in his:
Porsche Panamera
I had my camera, but left my memory card in my computer!

Today he picked us up for lunch in this:
Mercedes S350

Carsten, i'm a big fan of your Audi, too!


These German's and their cars!

I still prefer just 2 wheels....
(maybe one that goes a little faster than this one I found sitting outside of the hotel aka my home)

No comments:

Post a Comment