Monday, December 12, 2011

Galtür, Austria

better late than never...
12/9 - 12/11/2011
Rouven (host brother) let me borrow his snowboard!
The board was a little small (not a problem), but the boots fit perfectly (a miracle!).
I might have overpacked...
This is the bag I used for my 2-month excursion to Deutschland.
20 teammates/friends of teammates travelled with Hit Radio OHR to Galtür, Austria for a ski weekend. I'm not sure the exact number of people who went on the trip, but there must have been at least 10 buses with 50 people to a double decker bus.
View from my room; straight ahead are the slopes.
Rocks in the wasser?

Rosi with her coffee and beer.
These Germans drink beer like it's water.
Our hotel: Ballunspitze
First trip up the mountain on the gondola with Svenja, Sarah and Marina
As I was coming in for lunch the girls said, "Rachel! Was ist das auf Englisch?"(the animal on the Jager bottle) As my English has gotten significantly worse in the past two months I could not remember what an antlered animal that lives in the forest was called... They thought it was a flying horse, but eventually Mady said, "Bambi!" And all the sudden it came to me: DEER!
That's really embarrassing now that I think about it!
Lunch break, or maybe a little more correct: beer break.

Sandra, Elli, Steffi
Franz
Los gehts!
breathtaking
some of the gang
Sandra and Katie
Steffi
 
This Austrian wurst was not up to German standards, obviously...
Steffi, Katie, Uli
Steffi and Uli
Sandra, Steffi, Svenja
gangstas

Sardines
breakfast of champions.
Sarah has some mad hops
Deutsch lesson at lunch.
Mady got a little snowy after riding her board down like a sled.
Marina auch
Finished with snowboarding day 2
Franz the best bus driver ever!
Such a fun trip!
 Snack pack for the bus trip home.
 Elli cooked dinner on the bus.
Expires 12/12/12

No comments:

Post a Comment