Friday, January 22, 2010

IMG Academies

SO, tryouts are in 18 days. It's feeling more real now that I am registered and have my plane ticket to Boston. I'm excited. Like really, really excited. I'm pumped to: visit Boston (for the first time), meet Tony DiCicco (coach), play with some talented girls, AND put to my two months of training to the test.

Everyday is different in terms of training, but I will typically workout anywhere from 4-7 hours a day.

Training Log- Sunday January 17
945AM- bike 4.2 mi
1015AM- boxing 1hr
1115AM- bike 4.2 mi
1245PM- bike 3.2 mi
1PM- beach workout:
10 reps: 20 yd dash
8: T agility 40 yds
6: 40 yd dash
4: 300 yd shuttle
2: 20 yd agility
fast foot work
2PM- bike 3.2 mi
4PM- bike 6.3 mi
430PM- PICK UP SOCCER
6PM- bike 6.3

That was definitely my most intense day, but usually I go to a workout class in the AM, maybe a jog in the afternoon and possibly another PM workout. It's hard for me to take a day off because working is all I do; my life basically revolves around it. I've been training on really great surfaces (grass, the place where I workout doubles as a gymnastics gym and the floor is bouncy, the sand is forgiving, and biking) not too much hard surface running.

If nothing else I am going to show up to tryouts fit, but I haven't been playing much. I do my own thing at the field, but I am only playing once a week. There is a place in Bradenton (about 20 min from where i'm living) called IMG Academies. It's world renown (at least among the wealthy) boarding school for athletes. Bollettieri, a famous tennis instructor opened it many years ago as just a tennis academy, now they have baseball, basketball, golf, soccer and football and lacrosse are coming soon.

Pricing:
PAYMENT OPTION #1
TUITION PAYABLE IN FULL ON OR BEFORE AUGUST 1
Available only to participants attending full program from 8-24-09 – 6-5-10
NON-BOARDING $30,180
BOARDING DORM HOUSING $42,540

As you can imagine the campus is pretty pristine- they have great fields/courts, a spa, nutrition clinic, amazing strength and conditioning facility, cafeteria that is supervised by the nutritionist on campus, and LOTS of other things.

So, the other day I decided that I would pay Bollettieri a visit and see if I could maybe train with them for the last 3 weeks that I am here. I thought maybe we could work something out where I could show up with my cleats for an afternoon session and have a little fun. Well, they wanted to charge me $500. haha, no thanks!


(grace, finally... this is why I wore something other than my workout gear)

2 comments:

  1. (1) You are my workout hero.
    (2) They pay how much???
    (3) It was so nice of them to only charge you $500 for training with them. What a deal.
    (4) You're going to do awesome at tryouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach! You are stinkin amazing... I did a kick boxing class today and it whooped my butt. yes, I did just say whooped.

    Also, I know you will do great at Tryouts! We need to chat soon. k. love ya.

    ReplyDelete