Saturday, November 3, 2012

Englisch

Heute bin ich dankbar, dass ich als Amerikanerin alles machen kann in Deutschland.
Today I am thankful that I an American can get by in Germany.
 
I respect the Germans and their crazy complicated language, which is why I am trying to learn the laguage, but I am always thrilled to see things like this:
and it's heartwarming to hear English songs on the radio.
 
 
I went to look for eyeglasses today and in one of the shops I said, "I just want to look," (in Deutsch of course) and she said (also in Deutsch), "What language do you speak?" (My American accent gives me away EVERY time.) I said English. She said, ok let's try it and we spoke the whole time in English.
 
Unfortunantely my English is getting a little schlecht.
Sometimes when I try to form sentences in English, I canNOT think of the right word, so I use a Deutsch word. (see the sentence above)

1 comment:

  1. I miss your humor - and admire you being in American in Germany!

    ReplyDelete